Jan 1, 2009

New York - New Year

First I thought I cant go to Times square due to the bluster night and the freezing cold. Then when I saw on the TV that hundreds of thousands of NY city revelers gathering around TS, I was like what the F%^&. Let me go, by the way my purpose of NY trip was to celebrate NY eve at TS. Actually about 7 blocks in and around Times square were blocked by 2pm and by 5pm on 31st Dec and no was allowed inside without a pass (pass was provided to the residents in and around times square by the cops). So, I didnt know how to go through to times square, finally one of my sister friend had an apartment just a stones throw away from TS. We called him up and got an enter into the TS lanes. All our friends met at his apartment first and when I say friends, we had few friends who were studying in Virginia and DC from bangalore who also dropped by. At about 11:30pm we walked down from his apartment and went into the cheering crowd, there was live music and a lot of singing and celebration in the air. Finally former President Bill Clinton and Sen. Hillary Clinton with Mayor Michael lowered the famous waterford crystal ball when it was about 60 sec countdown to midnight, a massive amount of confetti rained down as we hugged, screamed and kissed people around. Thought the place was covered with plastic bottles and junk all around, due to the fact that people were waiting for the ball drop for a long time and the whole place was a mess.

The ball drop was an amazing experience Few pictures from the last day of 2008...By the way Happy New year to you all. Hope you have a wonderful year ahead.










No comments: