Dec 13, 2008

New York - Day 0

So, Finally I started off on my long expected vacation to New York today, left home at 1:00am 12th Dec for my 4:15am Emirates flight, due to the recent terror attacks in INDIA, all airlines have asked the passengers to come 2-3 hrs prior to their flights departure time due to extra security checks.

So, reached the new BIAL (Bangalore International Airport Limited) at 2:00am and checked in, when I reached the security check, they asked us to empty our pockets and put our hand baggage for scanning, when I asked about my watch they said its ok I can keep in on. Now, I got a little bit worried and pissed actually, when I reached the security guy (who scans your body) I protested he needs to check watches too under the scanner, he said “yes your point is right but it’s not necessary what can one do with a watch?”...uff.. this pissed me to the core, I told him “even a small bomb the size of the wrist watch is enough to hijack a flight”, he got stunned and started checking my freaking watch...can you believe it ...uff... freaks are freaks...anyways I told him “ listen all I am suggesting is to check peoples watch as well as you never know what one will come up with” he in the end took my idea and said he will take the reaction to his higher officials...Uff... think of the national security and the way people react to it, some people will never understand... so cursing myself and my countries system I moved to the New Sports bar located inside and refreshed myself with a glass of beer .

Finally, embarked my flight destined to Dubai (stop over) and finally JFK- New York (final destination). Flight was rather calming though I had 2 one year old twins (Joshua and Jessica) Tamil Christians beside me on my way from Dubai to JFK – NY. They reminded me of my puppy :) yes, they were so adorable and were so stubborn that I had to lend my mobile, my books, what every things I had which interested them to make them happy... they were fun all the way with screaming, crying, shouting and crawling all over... I had fun however they didn’t let many of them sleep :) on the flight...

Once I reached JFK, I got my immigration cleared and came out and I saw my poor sister waiting to receive me at the arrival (she was waiting for a good 2 hrs)... Forgot to tell you guys (My flight got delayed by 1 hr at Dubai, no idea why) Finally sis and me hugged and took the train back to her apartment, weather is cold and is getting colder by the minute, but it is nice to be in New York on vacation, last time I was here I was here on work, but this time I have a whole 25 days to explore New York before I leave home... Tomorrow, Sis and I have planned to go shopping and I have couple of calls to make to friends in NY... will keep you posted....

Few Picture from Day 0




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it to New York safely! I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures (very nice picture of you, by the way ^^)from your trip.