Dec 18, 2008

New York - Day 5

Another day, weather has been one of the most important part of my vacation, every day I need to check the weather and decide on how far can I explore (not to complain the excellent transport ways that NY provides. Anyways, today’s weather was a little over 45 F and so I left to explore the Staten Island, Wall Street (Financial capital) and of course Ground Zero. The moment of truth and emotions lie at Ground Zero (WTC Gallery), an horrifying incident on 11 Sep, today you have people building it over and you wonder, how the hell ever such an event could have occurred. A terrible past, a new beginning and a stronger mind is what it takes to live those unpleasant moments. New Yorkers, rock.

Later in the night we went out to a friend’s pre Christmas party at 82nd Street, a British American gal named Rose Mary hosted the party as she was leaving for London for Christmas; it was a quiet a get together with people from the US, Malaysia, Iran, Poland, and Argentina. We had a total of 12 guests of which Allen an Iranian who has settled in US for over 20 years and I was the only guys around. It was fun though to learn how each one was in NY pursuing their dreams and careers. Allen and me hit up and discussed about the night life in NY and he suggested some places of interest. So, I would be checking them out today.

Though I have lot of pictures, I will not be able to post all of them; here are the selected few from today’s exploration - gallery, Wall Street, stock exchange, amazing sceneries from Staten Island over looking Statue of Liberty.
































1 comment:

Rhythmn said...

nice pictures!!
wish i could be in new york.. enjoy dude...