Oct 24, 2008

H E A L T H Y C O N C E R N

From the past few weeks, I was busy with work and my daily food intake routine changed. I hadn’t noticed this and in turn I had this lil pain kind of feeling in my abdomen( Meaning below my right rib next to my stomach). As usual the He –Man that I am ignored it and was focusing on my work. The worst bit is from past 4 days i.e. since last Monday I had the Certification (See C E R T I F I E D - R E L I E F below) I have been having this pain in regular intervals of 1 hr.

Finally it dawned upon me that there is something wrong with my inner body parts. So, I took a day off from work today to go to the doctor.Before I go ahead with today’s events, let me give you a back ground of my life’s healthy reality.

I smoke (Regular)
I drink (Occasionally)
I regularly go to the Gym (A practise which I love)
I have proper meals (On time and more at times)
I have never got myself checked with a Doctor in my life

With the above routine who wouldn’t get sick? So, with the pain reoccurring when I was at work. I asked few of my colleagues what might be the cause. woooo each one gave their own views. Such as, it might be a liver failure, it might be a kidney failure, it might be your pancreas...Man Pancreas, I mean I was wondering, Liver understood – May be drinking issue, Kidney – May be drinking issue, But Pancreas – I had no clue.

With this issue around all day all week, I started thinking about it a lot and the pain started to increase. As someone says” you keep thinking about it and it gets worse”. I didn’t dare inform about the pain to my Parents, I didn’t want them to get worried about it. I had no other choice but to call my darling sister (Who is in New York) and tell her about my halath, did I need to do it? Yes, I mean she is my Angle and I tell her every god damn thing in the world. Now, she got worried and she immediately called WOKHARDT and asked me to check in the middle of the night at 2:00am. I was like man I should have kept quiet.

It took me some means to convince her that it was not that serious of an issue and I would visit the hospital first thing in the morning and get myself diagnosed.
So, came back from work slept at 5:00am woke to mom’s calling at 9:30am, called the doc and fixed an appointment. Finally I was at WOKHARDT at 11:30am, I saw faces in the lobby and everyone seemed to have a worried face, what else can you expect at a hospital? I mean apart from people recovering, everyone would be worried when it’s a Hospital.

Anyways, back to my check up, I met the receptionist and she asked me to fill some forms. Then I was sent to the Dr Prakash, nice chap but a bit weird look on his face asked me to get myself an Ultrasonic Scan. I went to the other lady at the diagnostic lab, she gave me a bottle of water and asked me to sit. I sat thinking Ahh.. Good service provided, nice to have some customer delights. I drank a bit of water and was waiting for my name to be called for scanning, 10 min up,20 min up, 30 min up, 3 people seated beside me went in and came out of the scanning room. Now, I was the only one left, and no one was even looking at me, finally I lost my patience and asked the lady as to when be my turn. She said “Sir you got to finish the bottle of water which I gave you, so that you have a full bladder for your scanning”. I was like What the F$%^^? And wondering what would I do in the scanning room with my bladder full, pee? Then Dr Prakash told me it’s for the scanning as the scanned images would be clearer with a full bladder. Uff Man I should have studied medicine. Anyways, finally I got my turn and I explained the doctor about my pain and the area which need attention, he applied some liquid on my tummy and scanned the whole area for any possible spare part damages.

Finally the results, the doctor said “You are as fit as a Horse” lol...I had the biggest weird smiles ever. He also confirmed that due to me missing my meals (changing my eating habits for the past few days) I had some gastric issue, he gave me some pills and hail presto I was out of the hospital and way back home thinking about attending the party I had tomorrow.... :D And one more day to live...

Lastly I do have plans to quit smoking and drinking very soon.

No comments: