Oct 30, 2008

N O E X P E C T A T I O N S

My 3 day Art of Living course will start from tomorrow. So, I had to check into the Ashram today itself as driving down in the morning before the course starts is out of question. Reached the ashram at 6:30pm. (Outside the ashram, I smoked my last cigarette for the next 3 days).

The instant I entered the ashram I was at peace. I mean it. Just a bit of my spiritual back ground, I studied my 8 to 10 grade at a Spiritual boarding school. Good old memories from school days came back. I was more stunned to see that not having the gift of insight, one rarely knows how far one will drift having embarked on a reckless life. At time we forget what we would have already experienced and embark on a life which we thing is right. Just for the books I am an atheist, not by birth but by choice. I believe in myself and humanity.

So, I went to the reception and met a guy called Ram, he had an agreeable satisfied feeling on his face. He gave me a form to be filled, after which I was given a florescent orange tag with my course details and my name on it. I was wondering, how in the world...where ever you go, you got to wear a tag. I mean I wear one at work all the time for over 6 years now. Anyways, filled the form and I was lead to my room. Room 122 at “Aparna” block, the room is a 22 * 16 kind of room with 3 cots and bed. I was told I may have to share the room with few other people, its 3 hrs since I came and no one has turned up yet. Though, I have some pretty gals staying on either sides of my room. :)

Alright, I dropped my bags in my room. After which I went to check the place where they serve food, as I was educated dinner would be served between 7-8pm and I didn’t want to miss my dinner. (For the books, I was stuck in traffic for over 2hrs, it took me 2.5hrs to drive down from my house. So, technically I was starving). Dinner’s menu was 2 chapatis, rice, dal and sabzi. Though the food was bland I didn’t mind.

After dinner, I wondered around a bit in the ashram thinking about my school days, how my life has been these 29 years. Later I got back to my room and got online to check my office mails and to update my blog.

Actually I do not have any expectations out of AOL; it’s just that I have heard a lot for everyone around me that I thought let me experience it myself. So, here I am at the ashram waiting for today to end and a new day to begin.

No comments: